- Mr. Money Mustache – The mother of all early retirement blogs.
- Frugalwoods – Couple in New England planning to retire early to run a homestead.
- our next life – Great FIRE blog that examines the philosophy, choices, and implications of early retirement.
- One Hundred Dollars a Month – I don’t read this anymore, but this blog was a huge inspiration to me when I first started gardening. Mavis grew over 2,000 lbs of food one year in suburban USA. It’s amazing what one person can grow if they just put their mind to it!
- Cold Antler Farm – Oh Jenna, I love you so. Your book Made From Scratch was the first thing that ever made me believe I could homestead. Jenna runs a one woman farm in upstate New York.
- Grow Forage Cook Ferment – Just what it sounds like.
- Fox on an Island – I love this girl’s charm. Homesteaders in Canada.
- Katy Had a Little Farm – Quite insightful and informative posts on gardening and food.
- The Sunshine is Ours – Wonderful gardening blog from a girl who knows her stuff!
Support Indie Artists!
- Nature Bone Studio
- Pocket Moss
- Frolicking in the Forest
- My Open Sketchbook – great blog and shop coming soon!
- Forage Workshop
- CBe Ceramics
Brands and Other Things I Love
- Field Roast – Best vegan meat ever.
- REI – Best supplier for all things outdoors.
- LUSH – High quality vegan bath and beauty goodies.
- Vitamix – I’ve had my reconditioned C-500 for a short while, but I can’t speak highly enough about what a great machine it is.
- Locally Grown – Amazing farmer’s markets – there might be one in your area.
- Yoga With Adriene – Online yoga community of awesomeness.
- Habitat for Humanity Restore – If there is one of these in your area, SHOP THERE.
- Last but not least … SUPPORT YR LOCAL BREWERY!!